DO’s or Don’t for Using Pressure Cooker
In many households, pressure cooking is a recommended cooking choice for a variety of reasons. The pressure cooking method is more energy efficient and reduced 50% of the actual cooking time, so people might be excited to cook food by using a pressure cooker since they do not want to spend a lot of time using a pressure cooker in the kitchen The pressure cooking method is hassle-free, so people find interested in the modern comfort of cooking. Several reasons might be motivated people to cook food by the use of a pressure cooker, however, as it’s not just a simple cooking pot there are some do’s or don’t that you need to keep in mind for safety.
Pressure Cooker Do’s
- As a new user of pressure cookers, you need to use a modern model of the cooker for your household as they have reliable safety features since the older models have not. Selecting an older model of cooker might seem an attractive deal as they offer low prices but it is not a good deal for a long time. Always use the newer model to save from danger and hazards to the cooking area.
- Every new model of pressure cooker has a different instructional manual according to its specific features, read carefully the instructional guide for your pot before starting the cooking process. In most cases, people consider manual instructions unimportant and get starting cooking. Before using it for the first time, it is highly recommended that you read the manual carefully and follow all the given instructions. The purpose of this step is to ensure that you are using a pressure cooker safely which will prevent you from harming yourself and the pot.
- Before initiating the cooking process chops the ingredients of a recipe that will be cooked and then turn on the pressure cooker because the process goes fast and you won’t spend much time cooking food.
- The pressure cooking method required a medium-high flame. To build the pressure quickly you may turn the cooker on high flame but once it reaches the required pressure turn the heat to medium or low according to the recipe. Cooking with this technique ensures that your recipe is cooked nicely and does not get undercooked or overcooked.
- After using a pressure cooker you should clean its part properly, this process will avoid food ingredients clinging to the stem valve, floor, and lid of the pot which is unhygienic for further use. In the modern models, an automatic time seter is available but still, you need to set a time and enjoy the comfort of an unsupervised cooking process as the food is cooked according to its time set method.
Pressure Cookers Don’t
- In the traditional cooking method, we have a habit to preheat the cooker on low flame while chopping the food ingredients. And automatically we will practice it in pressure cooking method which is not saving, so don’t practice it.
- Always add some amount of liquid with food ingredients in a pressure cooker. pressure cooking method functions by building high steam pressure into the pot and steam will be produced with enough amount of water. Don’t cook food without less amount of water it might be getting burnt.
- Don’t overfill the pressure cooker with liquid or food ingredients more than the specified quantity. Read the instructional guide for the prescribed level of food, don’t fill your pot more than two-thirds.
- Do not open the pressure cooker too early, the newest model of pressure cooker include a steam seal that makes it impossible to open it. But some of the older versions are to be had with the hole alternative, even inside the middle of cooking. You do not need to try this as you’ll grow to be hurting yourself. If you wish to open the cooker, then flip off the warmth supply and launch the pressure earlier than doing so.
These dos and don’t of the pressure cooking method will develop your confidence and you will be able to enhance your cooking process. For better households follow these do or don’t give in this article.