Steak is among the most popular and delicious dishes many people enjoy. However, sometimes we forget to take it out of the freezer to thaw it, and then we’re left with a frozen steak that we can’t cook right away. That’s where the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker comes in handy! With this versatile kitchen gadget, you can easily cook frozen steak in no time. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps of cooking frozen steak in ninja foodi pressure cooker so that you can enjoy a delicious steak dinner tonight!
Why Cook Frozen Steak in Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker?
- Convenience: Forgot to thaw the steak? No problem! You can cook a frozen steak directly in the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker.
- Juiciness: Cooking frozen steak in Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker helps retain the natural juices and flavors of the meat.
- Faster Cooking Time: Compared to traditional methods, cooking frozen steak in the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker is much quicker and more efficient.
- Take the frozen steak out of the freezer and remove any packaging.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper or any other preferred seasoning.
- Let the steak sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before cooking to ensure even cooking.
Ingredients you will need to cook a frozen steak in a Ninja Foodi pressure cooker:
- Frozen steak
- Seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, or other preferred spices)
- 1 tablespoon Of course, you can adjust the seasoning to your liking, and you can use different types of oil if you prefer. But these three ingredients are the basics you’ll need to cook a delicious steak in your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker.
Cooking Frozen Steak in Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker: Step-by-Step Guide:
- Add 1 cup of water to the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker.
- Place the frozen steak on the rack in the pressure cooker.
- Set the pressure cooker to “pressure cook” mode for 10-12 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
- Remove the steak from the pressure cooker and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Tips for Cooking Frozen Steak in Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker:
- Always use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the steak reaches 130°F for medium-rare, 140°F for medium, and 150°F for well-done.
- Use a quick-release method if you’re short on time, but be aware that the steak may not be as tender.
- Add your favorite herbs and spices to enhance the flavor of the steak.
How Long to Cook Frozen Steak in Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker?
- For a 1-inch-thick steak, cook for 10-12 minutes for medium-rare, 12-14 minutes for medium, and 14-16 minutes for well done.
- For a 2-inch-thick steak, cook for 16-18 minutes for medium-rare, 18-20 minutes for medium, and 20-22 minutes for well done.
When cooking frozen steak, it’s essential to cook it at the right time and temperature to ensure that it’s cooked through and tender. Here are some general guidelines for cooking frozen steak:
- Time: Cooking frozen steak takes longer than cooking thawed steak. You can expect to add 50% to the cooking time compared to cooking thawed steak. For example, if a thawed steak takes 10 minutes to cook, a frozen steak of the same thickness would take around 15 minutes to cook.
- Temperature: To ensure that the steak is safe to eat, it’s important to cook it to an internal temperature of at least 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare, 160°F (71°C) for medium, or 170°F (77°C) for well-done. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak.
Of course, the exact time and temperature will depend on the thickness and type of steak you’re cooking, as well as your personal preference for doneness. When cooking frozen steak in a Ninja Foodi pressure cooker, as mentioned earlier, cook on high pressure for 8-10 minutes, depending on your desired level of doneness.
FAQs about Cooking Frozen Steak in Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker:
Q: Is it safe to cook frozen steak in a pressure cooker?
Yes, it is safe to cook frozen steak in a pressure cooker, but there are some things to keep in mind. Make sure the steak is not frozen solid and is at least partially thawed. Additionally, it’s important to follow the instructions for your particular pressure cooker and use appropriate cooking times and settings.
Q: Can I cook different types of steak frozen in a Ninja Foodi?
Yes, you can cook different types of steak frozen in a Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker. However, the cooking times and settings may vary depending on the thickness and type of steak. It’s essential to follow the instructions for your particular pressure cooker and adjust the cooking times and settings as necessary.
Q: What is the recommended cooking time for frozen steak in a Ninja Foodi?
The recommended cooking time for frozen steak in a Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker will depend on the thickness and type of steak. As a general guideline, for a 1-inch-thick steak, pressure cook on high for about 5-6 minutes for rare, 7-8 minutes for medium-rare, and 9-10 minutes for medium.
Calories: 508kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 699mg | Potassium: 615mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 37IU | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 4mg
Leave a Reply