The Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer is a versatile kitchen appliance that can be used for a variety of cooking methods, including air frying, pressure cooking, roasting, and baking. With its air fryer lid, you can make crispy, delicious baked potatoes in no time. Instant pot duo crisp air fryer baked potatoes have creaminess and ease of preparation. Crispy on the outside and fluffy in the center, a baked potato is all you need with an Instant Pot and an air fryer lid or a conventional oven. Simply place the potatoes in the inner pot, secure the air fryer lid, and select the appropriate cooking program. The appliance uses hot air circulation to cook the potatoes evenly and produce a crisp exterior, while the pressure cooking function ensures that the interior is fully cooked and fluffy. With its large capacity, you can cook multiple potatoes at once, making it a convenient option for families or meal prep. Additionally, the appliance is easy to clean, with a removable air fryer lid that can be washed in the dishwasher. Whether you’re an experienced cook or just looking for a simple, efficient way to make baked potatoes, the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer is an excellent choice.
What kinds of Potatoes are Best for Baked Potatoes?
When making baked potatoes in an instant pot, it is best to use starchy potatoes, such as russet or Idaho potatoes. These potatoes have a high starch content, which allows them to break down and become fluffy when cooked. Waxy potatoes, such as red potatoes or new potatoes, tend to hold their shape better and may not become as fluffy when baked in a pressure cooker.
Russet potatoes are often considered the best choice for baked potatoes because they have a light, fluffy texture and a neutral flavor that allows the toppings to shine. They are also large enough to make a satisfying serving size for a baked potato. However, feel free to experiment with different types of potatoes to see what you like best! Regardless of the type of potato you use, be sure to wash and prick them before cooking to release steam and ensure even cooking.
A Fast and Easy Baked Potatoes Recipe
Baked potatoes in an instant pot are generally considered an easy dish to cook. The pressure cooking method saves time compared to traditional oven baking and also ensures that the potatoes are fully cooked and fluffy inside. To make pressure cooker baked potatoes, simply wash and prick the potatoes, place them in the inner pot of the pressure cooker with a trivet, and add water, depending on the size of the potatoes cook for about 10-15 minutes.
The pressure cooker does the rest of the work, and you will have perfectly baked potatoes in a fraction of the time it would take in an oven. No need to preheat or check on the potatoes during cooking, as the pressure cooker seals in the heat and moisture to create perfect baked potatoes every time. Overall, instant pot duo crisp air fryer baked potatoes is a simple and efficient method for a delicious and easy-to-make side dish. You can use the Power Pressure Cooker XL, Ninja Foodi, or Instant Pot to make this baked potato recipe. It is certainly delicious to cook the potatoes under pressure, but crisping them under the air fryer lid or in the oven makes them fluffy perfection. Here are the recipe ingredients and instructions.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt (Salt can be added to baked potatoes to enhance the flavor)
- Olive oil or melted butter (optional)
- Other toppings of choice ( garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper)
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Prick each potato several times with a fork.
- Place the potatoes on a trivet or rack in the Instant Pot inner pot. Add 1 cup of water to the inner pot.
- Attach the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to “Sealing.” Press the “Pressure Cook” button and set the cooking time to 10 minutes for medium-sized potatoes, or 15 minutes for larger potatoes.
- When the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the potatoes from the inner pot. Let them cool for a few minutes, then gently squeeze the potatoes to create a small opening on the top.
- Attach the Instant Pot air fryer lid. Set the temperature to 400°F and the cooking time to 10 minutes.
- Brush the potatoes with olive oil or melted butter (optional), and sprinkle with salt. Place the potatoes in the basket of the Instant Pot air fryer.
- Start the air frying process. Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden brown on the outside.
- Carefully remove the potatoes from the Instant Pot air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Cooking time may vary based on the size of the potatoes and the temperature of the Instant Pot air fryer. Adjust the cooking time as necessary to achieve desired crispiness.
- The amount of salt used will depend on personal taste preference. Keep in mind that excessive salt intake can be harmful to your health, so it’s important to use it in moderation.
Tips for Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Choose the right type of potato
Use starchy potatoes such as russet or Idaho potatoes as they have a higher starch content and become fluffy and light when baked.
Prick the potatoes
Prick each potato several times with a fork to allow steam to escape and prevent them from exploding during cooking.
Season the potatoes
Before cooking, brush the potatoes with oil or melted butter and sprinkle with salt. This will help create a crispy exterior.
Add a trivet
Place a trivet or rack in the pressure cooker and arrange the potatoes on top to allow them to cook evenly.
Cook for the right amount of time
Cooking time will depend on the size of the potatoes, but a general rule is 10 minutes for medium-sized potatoes and 15 minutes for larger potatoes.
Use the Right Cooking Method
After pressure cooking, use the “Crisp” function on the Instant Pot Duo Crisp or the air fryer function on other air fryer-enabled pressure cookers to crisp up the potatoes. Alternatively, you can also crisp them up under the broiler or on a skillet.
To ensure crispy skin, serve the baked potatoes immediately after crisping. The skin will start to soften over time, so it’s best to enjoy them right away. By following these tips, you should be able to achieve crispy and delicious pressure cooker baked potatoes every time!
Air Fryer Crisping Instructions for Baked Potatoes
When crisping the potatoes, sprinkle them with kosher salt and lightly coat them with oil.
Air Fryer Method
An air fryer lid is designed specifically for crisping and browning food in a pressure cooker. It allows you to cook food at high heat and circulate hot air around the food for a crispy exterior. An air fryer lid is a convenient
option for those who have an Instant Pot with an air fryer lid, as it eliminates the need to transfer the potatoes to a separate appliance.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the baked potatoes in the air fryer basket, making sure they are spaced apart evenly.
- Set the timer for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn on the air fryer and let it run until the timer goes off.
- Check the potatoes after 8 minutes and if they are not crispy enough, continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are crispy, remove them from the air fryer and serve immediately with your desired toppings.
Oven Method to Crisp Baked Potatoes
Baking potatoes in the oven is a tried-and-true method for achieving a crispy exterior. It allows you to cook the potatoes at a high temperature for an extended period, which helps to caramelize the exterior and create a crispy texture. The oven also provides more space for cooking larger quantities of potatoes, making it a good option for feeding a crowd. This is a step-by-step process for crisping baked potatoes in an oven.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set a cooling rack on top.
- Place the baked potatoes on the cooling rack, making sure they are spaced apart evenly.
- Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Check the potatoes after 5 minutes and if they are not crispy enough, continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are crispy, remove them from the oven and serve immediately with your desired toppings.
Both an air fryer lid and an oven can be used to crisp baked potatoes, but each has its advantages and disadvantages. Ultimately, the choice between an air fryer lid and an oven will depend on your personal preference and the equipment you have available. Both methods can produce delicious and crispy baked potatoes, so it’s up to you to decide which one you prefer. Keep an eye on the potatoes while they are cooking in the oven, as cooking times may vary depending on the size and shape of your potatoes.
Baked Potatoes Nutrition Facts
The nutritional value of Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer Baked Potatoes varies depending on the ingredients and toppings used. However, a medium-sized baked potato with the skin on provides approximately:
- 130 calories
- 30g carbohydrates
- 3g protein
- 2g fiber
- 0g fat
- 0g cholesterol
- 0g sugar
- 45mg sodium
- 740mg potassium
Baked potatoes are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and iron. Adding toppings such as butter, cheese, sour cream, or bacon can increase the calorie and fat content of this dish. To make this dish healthier, consider using low-fat toppings or seasonings such as garlic, herbs, or spices to enhance the flavor without adding extra calories.
Serving Tips for Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
instant pot duo crisp air fryer baked potatoes can be served in a variety of ways, depending on your preference and the occasion. Here are some popular options:
Classic Baked Potatoes
Slice open the baked potatoes and add butter, salt, and pepper to taste. You can also add shredded cheese, sour cream, chives, or bacon bits for extra flavor.
Cut a slit in the middle of the baked potato, fluff the flesh with a fork, and add your favorite filling. Some popular options include chili, shredded chicken, cheese and broccoli, or roasted vegetables.
After cooking the potatoes in the Instant Pot, scoop out the flesh and mash with butter, milk, salt, and pepper. You can also add garlic, herbs, or cheese for extra flavor.
Cut a slit in the middle of the baked potatoes, scoop out the flesh, and mix with butter, cheese, and spices. Spoon the mixture back into the skins and bake until golden brown.
Salad or Soup Topping
Dice the baked potatoes and add them to your favorite salad or soup for added texture and flavor.No matter how you choose to serve your Instant Pot baked potatoes, the possibilities are endless! Enjoy experimenting with different toppings and flavors to find your perfect combination.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer Baked Potatoes:
Q: Can I make baked potatoes in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer?
Yes, you can make baked potatoes in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer by using the pressure cooking and air frying functions.
Q: How long does it take to bake potatoes in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer?
The cooking time for baked potatoes in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer will vary based on the size of the potatoes, but it typically takes around 8-12 minutes to cook.
Q: Do I need to wrap the potatoes in foil?
A: No, you do not need to wrap the potatoes in foil to bake them in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer. Simply place them on a trivet in the cooking pot and air fry the skin until it
Leave a Reply